TatungEinstein.co.uk

General Discussion & Welcome Thread
MikeDHalliday

TatungEinstein.co.uk

Post by MikeDHalliday » Mon Feb 05, 2024 4:33 pm

Today, I have had contact from Mario the creator of TatungEinstein.co.uk

Here is what he says;

"Hi Mike!

I'm Mario, the creator of tatungeinstein.co.uk. I haven't been active for a number of years, last update on the site was 2018. I'm gearing up for another update finally! My site will never die - it's been up for 18 years now it's hard to believe. I'm in the final stages of scanning Einstein Assembly Language course manual and will be uploading it shortly with the update, along with a number of new software titles I obtained recently. I managed to get an original release copy of Gloop, other games such as Hyperball 2, Sprog and Jump Mania. It's the 40th anniversary of the release of the Tatung Einstein TC01, and literally two days ago mine packed in.... motherboard issues. Would you believe it. I'll get it fixed... been using it since I was 10! I'm fascinated by your great efforts in finding unreleased obscure software for the Einy. Excellent job. I noticed you have BatAttack - years ago I was provided with an image and artwork for the box - I will be featuring that on the site shortly. I remember seeing Airwolf in the catalogues when I was a kid and looking forward to buying it, but it never showed. Interesting to see it was in development after all. Batman definitely appears in some catalogues so must be out there somewhere. I'd like to add Airwolf to the site and I'll add the others you have showcased images for - do you have a disk image for Airwolf available, I don't think I could see it. You many notice one of my homebrew games was Airwolf, it is total rubbish (I wasn't good at programming at 11 odd years old unfortunatly) but it was inspired by the fact that I had been patiently waiting for the release version promised in the Einstein catalogues!

In my update I'll a link to your site as you have kindly done for me.

Best Regards

Mario (Tatung Einstein Reborn!)"

Looking forward to his update after soooo long. :D

Thankfully, Mario has not dropped off the face of the earth!
Ex owner of a real TC01 with Gotek boot drive and second drive, Joysticks, DAC hardware (Built but untested) and loads of manuals, books and mags. Living the emulation life now!

fatbob_gb

Re: TatungEinstein.co.uk

Post by fatbob_gb » Tue Feb 06, 2024 9:09 am

Excellent News, glad to hear he is OK and still enjoying the Einstein.

For years (before this forum) his website was the only real resource for Einstein information.

vanpeebles

Post by vanpeebles » Wed Feb 07, 2024 11:32 am

Great news :)

fatbob_gb

Post by fatbob_gb » Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:31 pm

Mario has updated his site & it looks as if he is planning few more updates to come.

MikeDHalliday

Post by MikeDHalliday » Mon Feb 12, 2024 1:27 pm

Mario has added all my recently discovered games on there now. Whoop Whoop.
Ex owner of a real TC01 with Gotek boot drive and second drive, Joysticks, DAC hardware (Built but untested) and loads of manuals, books and mags. Living the emulation life now!

arcadesy

Post by arcadesy » Tue Feb 27, 2024 1:31 pm

Excellent stuff!!
--------------------------------
https://twitter.com/arcadesy