New Purchase

Tatung Hardware talk TC01 & 256.
gunrock

Re: New Purchase

Post by gunrock » Fri Sep 09, 2022 6:54 pm

Oh Mike! That's terrible!

I wish these sellers would properly wrap stuff. I got an Einstein 256 last year sent in its original box with no polystyrene or bubblewrap, just brown paper around the box. :cry: I think the machine survived (haven't built the PSU and video cable yet). No outward sign of damage.

MikeDHalliday

Post by MikeDHalliday » Fri Sep 09, 2022 7:01 pm

Thats the kicker.

I only paid £5 courier postage so wasnt hoping for the best, but ...

It was properly wrapped. it had layers of bubble wrap and plastic and cardboard holding up all the floppy bits of plastic.

The box was dropped on its end, which was the heaviest side where the tractor feed knob is. The delivery driver must not have gently lowered it to the ground. Reminds me of the scene in Ace Ventura 2 where he has the UPS devlivery that sounds all smashed.

I have had a quick look around it and it appears to have all the broken bits present inside the case, so with some TLC I SHOULD, and its a big should, be able to fix it, Nothing is bent just broken in many places.

I have plenty of gorilla glue and some time so fingers crossed I can fix it.

Will let you all know.

Mike.
Last edited by MikeDHalliday on Sat Sep 10, 2022 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ex owner of a real TC01 with Gotek boot drive and second drive, Joysticks, DAC hardware (Built but untested) and loads of manuals, books and mags. Living the emulation life now!

MikeDHalliday

Post by MikeDHalliday » Sat Sep 10, 2022 10:37 am

Well, after 3 hours of fiddling I have it back to a working state, at least, it prints the test page and feeds paper.

Not tried the tractor feed yet as I don't have any more time today, and have not yet connected it up to Albert.

It does need a new roller as all the broken bits were the gears, which are fitted to the roller. There is an oki spares seller on ebay, but its £30 for a used roller!!!

Sort of defeats the point of a £5 printer, but as the printer does work, I feel it will be worth the costs.

More updates to follow.

Mike.
Attachments
20220910_102235.jpg
20220910_102235.jpg (2.51 MiB) Viewed 8460 times
Last edited by MikeDHalliday on Sat Sep 10, 2022 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ex owner of a real TC01 with Gotek boot drive and second drive, Joysticks, DAC hardware (Built but untested) and loads of manuals, books and mags. Living the emulation life now!

gunrock

Post by gunrock » Sat Sep 10, 2022 11:06 am

Well that does look encouraging! Still, what a shame it's all beaten up.

I'm not someone who demands stuff (epsecially peripherals) to be pristine, but you'd like to thiink any marks or scratches were what happens after many years of use and abuse, not in the last 10 seconds on a delivery because the courier couldn't give a stuff.