Einstein for Sale

Buy, Sell, Trade & Wanted Posts can be found in here.
MikeDHalliday

Einstein for Sale

Post by MikeDHalliday » Fri Aug 20, 2021 1:03 pm

Guys,

I have been contacted via my web site, by a chap who has cleared out his loft and has the following on offer;

Einstein TC01 twin drive along with monochrome CRT, 80 column card, c30 disks, external 5 1/4 drive, manuals, some magazines & printouts

It powers up and is in working order.

The chap doesn't appear to want any money for it, as he was going to send it to the tip.

Unfortunately for me it would be a 260 mile round trip to collect, so if any of you guys are close to Northallerton in North Yorkshire, DL7 8RN, it would be a great freebie.

Let me know and I will pass on your details to him to organise collection.

Hopefully, this will not end up going to the tip.

Cheers

Mike.
Ex owner of a real TC01 with Gotek boot drive and second drive, Joysticks, DAC hardware (Built but untested) and loads of manuals, books and mags. Living the emulation life now!

Lardo Boffin

Re: Einstein for Sale

Post by Lardo Boffin » Sat Aug 21, 2021 12:23 pm

MikeDHalliday wrote:
Fri Aug 20, 2021 1:03 pm
Guys,

I have been contacted via my web site, by a chap who has cleared out his loft and has the following on offer;

Einstein TC01 twin drive along with monochrome CRT, 80 column card, c30 disks, external 5 1/4 drive, manuals, some magazines & printouts

It powers up and is in working order.

The chap doesn't appear to want any money for it, as he was going to send it to the tip.

Unfortunately for me it would be a 260 mile round trip to collect, so if any of you guys are close to Northallerton in North Yorkshire, DL7 8RN, it would be a great freebie.

Let me know and I will pass on your details to him to organise collection.

Hopefully, this will not end up going to the tip.

Cheers

Mike.
PM sent. :D
TC-01 + einSDein + TM-01 + TK-02 + gotek

MikeDHalliday

Post by MikeDHalliday » Thu Sep 02, 2021 8:31 am

Thanks @LardoBoffin and @retrogamer for the eMails and messages.

On Tuesday this week (31st Aug) I received these ...
20210831_114150.jpg
20210831_114150.jpg (640.88 KiB) Viewed 3431 times
As of this morning, I have not opened them up yet, but there should be 1 x Dual drive TC01 with 80 col card and Philips mono monitor, manuals, discs, books and hardware.

My only concern was the monitor as I know they do not travel well, but all packages arrived without dents or holes etc so I am confident that things should be ok.

I paid the additional insurance premium via UPS as they always treat items better when you pay more for them.

As I unbox everything, I will keep you all posted on what was received.

The 80 col card is already spoken for by @retrogamer, but anything I already have will be available for the masses. :D

Not bad for the cost of postage I don't think, which was £40 in total due to the additional insurance premiums. It was a real shame that I had no transport to go collect, but I was not going to let these go to the tip!

@retrogamer I will be in touch when I have tested the 80 col card :D

Mike.
Ex owner of a real TC01 with Gotek boot drive and second drive, Joysticks, DAC hardware (Built but untested) and loads of manuals, books and mags. Living the emulation life now!

retrogamer

Post by retrogamer » Thu Sep 02, 2021 12:36 pm

That's what I call a delivery!!

Looking forward to the unboxing :D

Lardo Boffin

Post by Lardo Boffin » Thu Sep 02, 2021 1:34 pm

Looking forward to see what the discs hold, maybe some more languages?

Would be interested in the monitor if it survived as my Tatung monitor has a few dead pixels now and occasionally makes loud buzzing noises when switched on (but these go as it ‘warms up’). :?

And Elite! I have versions for the Beeb (disc, tape etc.), Electron, Spectrum, C64 and a few others so would be good to add to the collection. :D
TC-01 + einSDein + TM-01 + TK-02 + gotek

MikeDHalliday

Post by MikeDHalliday » Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:00 am

Another 'Sold as spares' on eBay - Dead cheap at the moment! (Not one of mine)

Looks in a pretty ropey state and needs some TLC to bring it back to its former glory.

Someone is going to get a bargain!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/255132884279 ... SwtcRhPlLz

UPDATE: Actually - Looking at my log of Einsteins, this one was previously sold on eBay in April 2020. I guess the current seller has not had time or the skill to refurb it?

Such a shame.